Pages

Friday 11 November 2011

ALL DRESSED UP AND NOWHERE TO GO?


That's the usual "Trannie" Lament. These days I only dress when I'm out 'n about, or should I say when I'm out 'n about, I'm dressed! So the "Closet Crossdresser" thing for me is long gone, thank goodness. These days I only dress when I'm out 'n about, or should I say when I'm out 'n about, I'm dressed! So the "Closet Crossdresser" thing for me is long gone, thank goodness. Looking back I went through the classic transvestite journey; dressing in a few feminine things when no one was looking; the ridiculous dressed up trip to the post box on a snowy evening; the first trip away to a Trannie" Do", in Scarborough; 50 or so men dressed in frocks, sitting with their legs apart! How did I ever persevere? I still don't know but here I am, a confident, accomplished, convincing, glamourous, shemale. Conceited? Moi? Not in the least! Realistic is the word I'd use, I have been dressing to go out for many years and have developed considerably in the way I behave and the style I adopt. Mind you that doesn't mean being dowdy (look at my gallery). Feeling relaxed when out is what I hope to achieve and I manage that most of the time. I even fell asleep on a bus recently! It's a balance between practice which breeds confidence and dressing and behaving in an acceptable way. The better you look the more confident you'll become and vice versa. For instance, I now use ladies's toilets, something I wouldn't have dreamt of in the past, having had to scurry back to my hotel or pee out of my car door in a layby! Now I have the confidence, brought about by getting out so often. I seldom attend Trannie events now, just a video tape re-runs really, preferring to do the things "ordinary" women do eg. shopping, dining out, attending the theatre and events, trying to be normal but dressed. As I don't live full time enfemme, this is not as often as I would like but we all compromise in life and I'm no different. Mind you, one needs to get out often and as regularly as possible so the confidence doesn't dwindle away. Confidence allows one to achieve almost anything.
I now have the support of a couple of wonderful ladyfriends, one in particular with whom I get out 'n about. This, I think is the solution to the hetro Trannie social problem. One needs accepting ladies who are not afraid to accompany a man in a frock to most events. I am arrogant enough to think my friends are proud to be seen with me when we're out on the town, I know they are, they've told me so!
If I am allowed to offer advice it would be this; just do it! (apologies to Nike). I can assure you, you'll never look back. Unless it's to see in the mirror if you've hitched your dress up in your knickers!

No comments:

Post a Comment